Sunday, February 10, 2013

In the Meantime

I forced an amaryllis bulb again this year: 

Too bad I can't force the whole kit-n-kaboodle, because we've got some people around here that are already asking about spring and I'm afraid we've still got quite awhile to wait. Ah, well. At least we can admire these pretty flowers in the meantime:
 And at least it makes a nice contrast to the mess I'm making in the other part of the kitchen:
Heaven help me if I don't get April's Mind Organization for Moms implemented once and for all by the end of this week! It really is the bomb. You should sign yourself up if you're an organizational disaster like myself. (And do you see little Yuki down there? She likes to be right with me during the day when it's just the two of us at home. She follows me around like a little puppy dog. Imagine that.) I do like the winter for indoor home projects like this one. I don't feel like I'm missing anything outside when the weather is, um, less than optimal, and I kind of like hibernating and getting things done.

The only problem with my attempt to get organized is that I think I may have accidentally thrown our car title away, and the car dealership informed us last night that California will charge us $734 for a new title since we bought our old car there and didn't let the DMV know we were moving out of state. It's back payment for registration from the last 2.5 years. Is that the dumbest thing you've ever heard in your life? We have two weeks to see if we can find the title and then we're going to have to pay the blasted fee. Curse you, California! Curse you! You know what they charge in Utah for a new title? $6. And this is just one microscopic example of many that explains why we now live here and not there.

The good news is that I did bring home a new car last night, and it does have SEAT WARMERS. And that's a beautiful thing to have while we're waiting for spring.

1 comment:

  1. By the way, in the end we had disgusting meatLOAF not potentially delicious meatBALLS. But that's neither here nor there now, is it?

    I'm actually supposed to be looking up a meatball sauce recipe on Allrecipes.com, but here I am. (Remember me telling you about that little mishap I experience once in a while?)

    Glad to see you're implementing M.O.M. Good for you!! And hooray for a car with seat warmers. Will be nice for those times I ditch you at the airport to fend for yourself in your snow covered car!!

    Gotta get back to dinner preparations, but I will add that I drink from the OJ container all the time. (I would the milk, but I don't like milk.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails