Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Lower Lights

I know I already wrote about these guys in terms of their concert being the vehicle for my first meeting with NieNie, but I just wanted to take a minute to tell any random people who happen to read this blog how great their music is, wether or not NieNie is at their concert.  I mean, just look at them.  Can't you just TELL they make good music?  (That's our cute friend, Scott, in the middle with the tie.  They call him "The Mayor".  I don't know why, but when I look at this picture I can just imagine him and Brandon as teenagers, eating microwaved gas station frozen burritos.)



ll_blog_banner.jpg

It's just fun, soulful, folksy, make-you-feel-good music, and they just happen to be hymns, Mormon hymns. (Well, not all of them. They've got some Hank Williams and other classic stuff in there.)  This is especially exciting to a Mormon like myself, because we don't do those "Rock-n-Roll with Jesus" services like a lot of churches do (okay, mostly just the evangelicals), but being the daughter of a Pentecostal turned Mormon, I've got a little bit of "Hallelujah" in me and like this style of hymn worship.  (We're usually pretty buttoned up on Sundays.)  Brandon calls it, "Jesses James comes to Jesus".

We've been listening to their CD a ton since going to the concert, and felt like it was universally like-able enough that we sent it to both Brandon's youngest teenage brother, as well as my 70-year-old formerly Pentecostal mother.  Now that's saying something!

Anyway, go to their website, and then for heaven's sake (get that pun? I'm good, huh?) just go get a CD.

Still not convinced? Watch this cool video of how it all came together. (Makes me wish I had studied banjo instead of Family Science back at BYU. . . but, you know I can rock the keyboard, right Scott?)





1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails