Sunday, August 8, 2010

Big Stuff

Just in case you thought so, it's not all rainbows and mountain picnics around here.  

Well, it is about mountains, but of a different variety: 



 
I've got to keep the motivation going or we'll all poop out (like today - long story that started at 12:30am when Rachael finally went to sleep!), so we take rewards whenever we can get them: 



(I'd better bring that wobbly hand rail to the attention of the owner!  Ah, the joys of renting . . .)

This particular day we did end up going to the largest dinosaur museum IN THE WORLD (really!) to reward ourselves after a long day of unpacking.   Partly because it is really close (15 min. at the most), partly because it was open until 8pm and we are on a messed up sleep schedule and got off to a late start!  It really was pretty amazing: 



I have to admit, I'm into bribery and rewards these days.  I bought three boxes of cheap candy (Junior Mints, Dots and mini Charleston Chews if you must know) and some cheap grocery store toys as incentives on some of the long unpacking days we've had here without Dad.  Of course my kids wanted the candy first, but tonight they remembered the toys, so after a very long day (good, but long) the kids played for hours with a pair of uber cheap handcuffs (nothing like taking your sibling off to jail) and those balloons used for making balloon animals.  I found some instructional youtube videos and they went to town.  Here's a sword and helmet:
Total drama queen.  Look at the hand in back:

It took Kate ten tries before she could do the curly cue:

Rachael heading off to jail.  (Man, if I could have put her in jail last night I would have!)  I love the look on Elizabeth's face.  Kind of, "I really don't want to have to do this to you, but . . ."

More next time on the crazy, but meaningful part of the day with family.  We had a mini Reynolds reunion, with Marc and Emily in town from Texas to bless their baby, and most of the California Reynolds in town as well.  Poor Brandon was home alone at his parents house in CA. Aw!  







2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I have a sudden urge to jump into that pile of boxes and paper like a big pile of leaves!!! I also have a sudden urge to NEVER move again after looking at that pile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun home! I'd love to be a fly on your wall! Love the stairs:) Your family if beautiful. Can't wait to meet them someday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails