Thursday, February 2, 2012

Excuses (Reasons?)

I promise I'm not giving up on blogging. I'm just knee deep in a potential home purchase, coming off the L.A. Power of Moms retreat last weekend (blog post under construction), a science project involving regular urine testing of four members of our family (this is what you do when your Dad is a urologist), writing posts for Deseret News this week, and (there's no easy way to write about this in this context and not sound flippant, but the reality is that these things happen right in the middle of every day life) lots of communicating with family about my sister who has recently taken a nose dive. Any prayers or positive thoughts are appreciated.



3 comments:

  1. I loved seeing the pics of the retreat! Oh how I need one right now. Baby #4 has decreased my mothering skills! I am working on getting it back together again.
    I am sending a prayer for you and your sister. I have a brother that my whole family prays for every day. It ways heavy on my mind - so I know how hard that can be.
    You are amazing Allyson!! I just wish you were my neighbor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear sister is also battling cancer - breast with metz to brain and liver. It is an ugly road to travel, with many deep valleys. Today is a good day for us (tumor markers way down in her blood!), and I pray tomorrow will be a good day for your family.

    PS Isn't hard to see your mom's grief over her child? And you think how badly you never want to have to have your own children go through that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allyson... I saw your post awhile ago where you and your sisters went on a trip together. Good for you! I lost my 40 year old sister in June to a 3 month battle with colon cancer. It was so difficult to watch, especially for her children. The only peace I find is in the gospel. In the knowledge that the Lord is in charge and though I may not understand it, He has a plan. My favorite quote "I know God loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things. There have been and will be times in each of our lives when such faith must be the bottom line: We don't know what is happening to us or around us, but we know that God loves us, and knowing that, for the moment is enough!" (Elder Maxwell) Reference 1 Nephi 11:17.
    This quote has given me hope and peace when I felt like there was none left to be found. May the Lord fill you and your family with his spirit.Hang in there! Love, Kristen (Brimley Shimai)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails