Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tree Trimming

Last weekend was luxuriously lazy, spending Saturday "morning" (after piano lessons from 9-11) listening to our favorite Christmas music, eating blunch (that's Japanese for "brunch") and decorating the tree. We normally get a fir, but we're enjoying the look our spruce (or is it a pine?) this year.  








 
Way back in August, we were introduced to some so-good-it's-bad homemade syrup that our cousin Jalene made for the family reunion, and she graciously sent us home with the leftovers after all our oohing and aahing.  Well, we savored those leftovers and stretched them out over several months, and then a couple of weeks back we got together for Thanksgiving and I asked her about it.  She didn't have the recipe on her of course, but she told me the ingredients, so I promptly looked up the recipe online as soon as I got home. Here it is. Heaven on earth. There are three links on that page to the same recipe, but on different websites. Apparently I'm the last person to find out about this stuff. All those wasted years! 

I made coconut and vanilla. Both are fantastic, but you better believe coconut is my favorite. 

 Hmmm . . . what to eat with the homemade coconut buttermilk syrup?  How about this:
Pomegrante to pretend we're healthy. (And because it's beautiful, delicious and so fun to eat!)
Add some overdone bacon and you've got a pretty tasty blunch, even if it was past runch time. (Japanese for "lunch".)

Christmas is coming, and I can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails