Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pooped

Me and the kids have spent the last two days (the first two days of summer) de-junking their rooms, the toy cupboard and the craft cupboard.  We swam a little at Grandma's yesterday, and they enjoyed the slip-n-slide for about an hour today, but mostly I'm trying to enlist their help and work with them.  They did the entire toy cupboard today on their own - nice! Kate is especially helpful, but I forget that they are just children and don't have an endless capacity for sifting through and categorizing junk.  I also sorted through all my kitchen office papers and made some action lists for this coming week.  Brandon took care of some of the garage and backyard stuff today, but he ended up in the hospital for about 4 hours since he's on call.

It feels good to de-junk and get organized, but I'm realizing we still have a lot of stuff I don't want to take with us and there's still a long way to go.  The best part is, the moving date keeps moving up - now it's next Friday!  It's going to be a long week.  Anyone want four kids to play with???

3 comments:

  1. I'm a fellow blogger at power of mom's. Just did this myself recently and it's amazing how when you have less "stewardship" over the stuff, your stewardship over what you love most can take priority -- being the mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I moved I think I gave 50% of my stuff to my neighbor who had recently moved in next door. She needed the free furniture and I needed a fresh start. It saved me SO much time. That or the Goodwill truck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Allyson! Good luck to you with your move. I'm kinda excited to have you move this way, and maybe get to see you or do some Power of moms stuff together. :)I think your kids have the most angelic faces and most beautiful puppy dog eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails