Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Heart Day

Some cute girls from church did this to our house a little over a week ago for my daughter Kate. The forks stayed in the yard for several days and there are still hearts on my daughter's window and the front door. The enduring power of love! Thanks fun friends!


Why did I feel compelled to leave cute little Valentine-style Chinese take-out boxes with little trinkets and treats outside my children's bedroom doors this morning? They still have candy left over from their school parties and every single teacher at church today (including me) brought some sort of treat for the children in their classes.

Now don't get me wrong - I love treats and sweets as much as the next person - but it seems that some of our holidays traditions have started to revolve around them. To give myself a bit of credit, I did buy a cute little Valentine mailbox so that everyone in our family could put in little love notes to each other to be opened later today. We'll see how that goes. It makes me feel a little bit better about the fact that Rachael hasn't had anything to eat today besides milk, Crispix and Valentine candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails