Thursday, December 17, 2009

Holiday Piano Recital

But first, for your viewing enjoyment, cuteness personified:

The kids are getting quite good on the piano, thanks to their nurturing yet intense Romania teacher Anca. She pats them on the head and calls them 'pumpkin' in one breath, and in the next her hands are up in the air and she is saying 'what is this?' in her adorable accent. She goes crazy at recital time, and was out of her mind about Will's "Parade of the Toy Soldiers" duet with another boy his age. She had them come together for extra practice about 25 times it seemed. In the end, everyone did just fine and Anca is happily taking the rest of the month off. She's probably in the Mediterranean by now.


After the recital. I've gotta get her started too.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! I just read a really interesting book about piano lessons that my piano teacher recommended to me. It is entitled Note by Note: A Celebration of the Piano Lesson and is written by Tricia Tunstall. I think you would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much Rachel looks like Kate did at that age. Cute family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails