Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

It's been a pretty good day.  Kate went through the backyard cutting flowers and vines to make a flower arrangement for me. 





I think she's got a gift for flower arranging!  I told her if we ever live in Japan she'll have to get into Ikebana, traditional Japanese flower arrangement.  Never mind the nasty backdrop - isn't this arrangement gorgeous? 



Will tried to act like he didn't want me to kiss his cheeks to pieces, but I could tell he liked it when I told him he had to do whatever I asked since it was Mother's Day.  (I've decided to start taking my own pictures with the kids since I can't always get someone else to!)



The power of a water hose. 


Kate took all the petals that dropped and put them in this bucket with water.  The next thing I knew the little girls were naked in the tub.



I think this is my all time favorite picture of Elizabeth and I!  Maybe taking picture of myself isn't such a bad idea!





Some sweet gifts and cards . . .



My own dear mother in town.  What a treat!



And a lovely dinner at my husband's parents' home with both of my moms.  It just doesn't get much better than that for Mother's Day.


(This was a pretty good moment too.  Aunt Laura got her going.  She thought she was SO funny!  Would you look at her?)


P.S.  The best way to enjoy Mother's Day is to stop thinking about presents and getting a day off, and focus instead on how lucky you are to be a mom and how much you love your kids.  Works every time.

1 comment:

  1. That's how I get pics of me too!
    And your kids all have your great eyelashes apparently...most especially your son!
    Glad you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails