Monday, November 8, 2010

Sick Day For Mom

I've been sick for about a week. Just a cold, so I didn't allow myself to slow down. Like most moms, I just kept plowing through, collapsing early in the evening thinking if I got enough sleep I'd be fine the next day. But today I was worse than ever, so I finally stopped moving. That's not easy to do with four kids (especially one that is home all day) but I learned that you can do the bare minimum and get by. (Trying not to feel too guilty about the amount of TV Rachael watched today . . .) I also remembered that my kids are pretty capable when I let them be. Kate made dinner (Sloppy Joe's) and helped Rachael in the bathroom multiple times, Will vacuumed the upstairs, and Elizabeth played with Rachael. And everyone is getting pretty good at doing what they need to do after school (homework, music practice, reading, jobs) without too many reminders now that I've got my new and improved point system up and running.  (I love not having to nag!!) Everyone finished up quickly and scrambled through dinner and FHE because I promised them if they did we would watch part of Napolean Dynamite before bed. If you can believe it, this is our first time. (Tina, you fat lard, come get some dinner!) We had dinner with our great college friends, Amy and Teppo (he's Finnish) and their four daughters last night, and they lent us NP as well as Nacho Libre, which we have also failed to see. I think they felt highly concerned about this hole in our life, so we are committed to get through both movies this week. (Make yourself a dang quesadilla!)

I only have about thirty seven blog posts and articles for The Power of Moms that I've started or at least have titles for, but as usual I'm lacking time and brain power, so in an effort to not completely poop out, I'll post a few pictures.  

Did I mention we live by some fairly gorgeous mountains?  I don't know if I've posted any pictures of them before, but . . .








Utah isn't a bad place to live. Here's what Newsweek had to say about it recently.  It's pretty cold and gloomy today, supposed to snow over the next few days, but so far I'm liking it.  It's a welcome change of pace.  I like being wrapped up in a sweatshirt and blanket on a chilly night.  Brandon's making me some tea right now . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails