Sunday, April 18, 2010

Time



It just keeps moving on.

I got an email today about helping out with the end of the school year activities for the 6th graders.  And I missed the first (of several - so I'm okay) orientation for incoming 7th graders last week.  (I've been missing a lot of stuff lately.  I can't keep track of it all and I honestly think I burn out at the end of the school year more than the kids do!)

Next year I will have a child in Jr. High?  How did this happen?  Where has the time gone?

So I will just keep sharing little moments every day with each of my endlessly aging children so I will never look back with regret when I have all the time in the world to myself.  More than I will want I'm sure.

Today I:

Made more muffins with Elizabeth.  (Now she calls them "my muffins".)
Played catch with Will in the backyard.
Took all four for a walk around the neighborhood.
Helped Kate make a home out of a jar for the ring necked snake she found and caught on our walk.
Snuggled up with Elizabeth and Rachael while Elizabeth read "Green Eggs and Ham" to the two of us.

Not a bad way to spend my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails