Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Weekend

Kari, you are the winner of the nicest-comment-ever-made-on-my-blog-where-people-never-make comments-anyway award. And the prize? I will keep blogging. (I know. Generous, right?) Thanks, Kari. (Martin, you always win the funniest comment award. Same prize. Mom--where are your "wacky" comments? Come on! Priorities!)

It's been a bit of a week. (When is it not?) I have a new post up about Halloween on Deseret News for your reading pleasure. We're in high gear for some Halloween fun this weekend. My last post (Cancer, Disney World, and The Power of Fun) has been in the #1 spot for "most popular" among the Deseret News blogs all day, every day this week (even including the sports blogs), but not a single solitary comment has been made. What is it about my writing that makes people so comment-a-phobic? Will you go over there and make a comment on my Halloween post? Pweese? (Kari, you are exempt, for the reason listed above.)

In my post before the cancer/Disney one, I wrote about finding fun wherever we can as mothers since we can't always schedule in "me" time when we'd like. I used the example of me driving around town like a storm chaser one night a few weeks back during Kate's harp lesson when I didn't have time to do much else. I was chasing the moon rise. It was really gorgeous coming up over the mountains. 

I took another moon rise picture in Florida over the Atlantic ocean, but I can't upload it yet. After spending $49.99 on technical support over the phone with Apple trying to figure out why I couldn't export my 5 billion pictures onto an external hard drive (I am only selectively computer savvy), I found out my external hard drive ISN'T BIG ENOUGH! That's a problem. So I have some shopping to do ASAP or I won't be able to take any Halloween pictures. And I would be shopping right now since Rachael is at pre-school except for that fact that my already falling apart mommy van is in the shop for a completely blown out flat tire that I discovered this morning when driving my two middle children to school since they were running late due to Will's last minute insistence on completing a 3D art project for the national PTA Reflections competition. (Started it last night.) Rachael throwing a royal fit over not wanting Elizabeth to get dressed this morning also impeded our progress. And just to make the morning even better, Brandon forgot to take the trash out. (Just another morning in paradise. Maybe I should shower now that it's almost 2:30?)

Sooooo . . . here are my favorite moon rise pics to get you in the mood for a hopefully fun and spookalicious Halloween weekend. (Why can't we have the day after Halloween off school like they did in our school district in California? Why? And why do we have "minimal Mondays" here every stinkin' Monday? Wouldn't everyone be happier if we got out early on FRIDAY? Just another unrelated thought among other unrelated thoughts.) 

Oh! But first I have to tell you about my Halloween costume! My entire life, people--including complete strangers--have told me that I look like Sally Field, so I thought it would be fun to go as The Flying Nun. (Especially since we live in Mormon land. You know, something different. Educate the children.) Stayed tuned for pictures. (After I get my tire fixed, go shopping, export my iphoto library to make space on my lap top, upload the Florida pics to my laptop, take pictures on Halloween, and upload to my blog. And continue with The Great Catch Up. Riiiiiiiiiight.)

Back to the moon rise. Which one do you like best?




Have a super fun weekend! And make these pumpkin doughnuts if you know what's good for you.

3 comments:

  1. Loved your post. I needed that. I am feeling so tired and not wanting to do life today and your sister really put things into perspective for me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like moon shot #3. And I am one of the guilty who read articles and don't comment. What is up with that? I will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A shout-out from the author! I haven't been this thrilled since I had that recipe printed in 'Cat Fancy!'"

    Moon Shot #2 is my fave. But I was plesantly surpised by all of them. "Moon shot" pictures meant something way different in my house growing up. Way different. Not something you'd want to post on a family blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails