Saturday, September 4, 2010

Just Another Day in Happy Valley

Speaking of the physical world.  This I can get into.  My backyard, thank you very much: 


Seriously, this little drive called the Alpine Loop?  It starts at either Provo or American Fork canyon, the latter being a ten minute drive (if that) from our driveway. Nice! And the irony is not lost on me that it was coming out of this same canyon 16 autumns ago from this same gorgeous drive (in reverse) on a beautiful Sunday afternoon with a cute guy named Brandon that I first thought, I think I'm going to marry this guy.

(Incidentally, those Aspen groves are considered by some to be the largest living organisms in the world because each tree is genetically identical and an off shoot from the same gigantic root system.  That's from the cute guy, from the book I bought him about trees.  We're tree fans at our house.)

More beauty today, of the type that interests me: 


Jon Schmidt and Steve Nelson in concert at the Waterfall Ampitheater at Thanksgiving Point.  So fun, so gorgeous I actually almost cried.  (Live performances do that to me.)  I think I posted this before, but check these guys out on youtube.  They did this song and many others tonight.  I'm so glad we took Kate and Will.  I hope Will was feeling that cello vibe because I'm *secretly* pushing him in that direction.  (Orchestra starts on Tuesday!)

I did cry earlier in the evening - from laughing so hard.  When we stopped to get gas before going up the canyon, I noticed there was a button you could push to talk to the attendant from the pump.  I was this close to pushing that button just to talk to the attendant.  About nothing and whatever.  And for whatever lame reason that got me laughing so hard all by myself that I was crying.  I don't think I've been getting enough sleep, but it is pretty fun to have family in town giving me lots of reasons to do fun stuff like we did today.  

I still need to organize and decorate my house and do some serious clothes shopping for everyone, but for today, I got to enjoy the kind of beauty that really inspires me.  









2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog. The bit about your wrist fracture made me feel oodles better. Isn't it nice we moms can be so honest with each other? I'm delighted to find your blog and SO glad your move went well. Yes, you have a most gorgeous backyard. I loved your pictures! Hope the acclimation process continues to go well. Moving is tough but it looks like things are going well for everyone! One of these days we'll meet in person Allyson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to the laughing...I think we are going a little crazy? LOVE the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails