Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth

Yesterday I spent the day at Disneyland with my oldest daughter Kate and her best friend for my daughter's birthday. (She turns TWELVE next Sunday. How did that happen?!)

There is so much to say about spending a day at Disneyland with two tweens. The word "lame" was used a lot. (It's "so lame" that Space Mountain is closed. The Dumbo ride is "so lame". It's "lame" that the line for the Matterhorn is so long . . .) We used the fast pass option no less than 5 times for the Indiana Jones ride and the Matterhorn never lost it's appeal even after 7 (or was it 8?) rides. We pretty much spent the majority of the day running back and forth between those two rides. We shared one dinner at the overpriced and not very tasty 'Blue Bayou' just so the girls could sit in the restaurant that is inside the 'Pirates of the Carribean' ride. My cheapness knows no bounds. I was not too cheap however to indulge them in churros, Dole pineapple whip, cotton candy and waffle cones. My personal indulgence was the giant dill pickle I snuck in while waiting for them to go on the Matterhorn for the 3rd or 4th time. That was another new development. The girls loved the idea of going on rides by themselves. I am clearly getting to the point of being just a ride and a wallet. I have heard about these things from parents of teenagers so I took all the little hugs and sharing of stories throughout the day that Kate would offer. After explaining to them at 11pm that I would not stay 'til closing (midnight) because I feared falling asleep at the wheel, they promised they would stay awake and help keep me awake too. Riiiiiiiight. I was so sure they would fall asleep on the drive home I made a bet that if they did I would make a pancake breakfast for them in the morning. I was so unbelievably tired on the drive home that I had to roll all the windows down and blast my 80's music while periodically slapping myself across the face to stay awake. They took to sticking their heads out the window like dogs while screaming/laughing and I made a pancake breakfast this morning.

Here are the girls in the new "Pixie Hollow". I couldn't tell if they thought it was "lame" or not.


I just had to take a picture of this poor guy holding a tiara.


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails